Tap into the magic of the Forgiveness Process with EFT’s Attachment Injury Resolution Model (AIRM)!
Expand what you have learned in your Externship and Core Skills Trainings
Master the AIRM
Friday, November 14, 2014 9am-4pm
Saturday, November 15, 2014 9am-4pm
Birch Family Services
104 West 29th Street (at Sixth Ave.)
2nd Floor Training Room
New York, NY
The Attachment Injury Resolution Model (AIRM), developed and empirically validated by Dr. Sue Johnson together with Dr. Judy Makinen and colleagues, resolves attachment injuries that block the process of relationship repair.
Extra-marital affairs are only one example of a relationship Attachment Injury. Many other events can have an equally devastating impact on the relationship bond. The construct of an attachment injury was first defined in 2001 by S. Johnson, J. Makinen and J. Millikin as a specific event “where one partner violates the expectation that the other will offer comfort and caring in times of danger and distress.”
Lorrie Brubacher, M Ed, EFT Trainer, has developed, together with Dr. Lillian Buchanan, an Interactive Video Training Program in the EFT AIRM. In support of the EFT AIRM Training Program Dr. Judy Makinen writes, “You have made the attachment injury concept, which historically has been overlooked and/or minimized by therapists, come alive in a way that research can never do.”
- This workshop will bring the AIRM alive for you!
- Observe and apply the steps and interventions of the EFT AIRM for repairing attachment injuries.
- Leave with confidence to apply this wonderfully effective model in your work.
- Heighten your Love Sense with AIRM’s map through the journey of repairing relationships devastated by betrayal and bonds shattered by broken trust.
Following the workshop participants will be able to:
NBCC approved CE’s available: Lorrie Brubacher, is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) #6488 and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
- Clearly define what an “Attachment Injury” is and recognize markers of a relationship attachment injury blocking a couple from safe connection.
- Explicitly track and validate an attachment injury in the negative cycle in Stage One.
- Prepare a couple for the Stage Two Attachment Injury Resolution process.
- Apply the tasks and interventions of each step in the process for resolving attachment injuries.
Early registration by October 4
$410 for NYCEFT members/$435 non-NYCEFT members
Reg registration by November 1
$435 for NYCEFT members/$460 non-NYCEFT members
Lorrie Brubacher, M. Ed., LMFT (NC) RMFT, is the Founder and Director of the Greensboro Charlotte Center for EFT. She practices therapy and provides EFT Training and Supervision in her two homes - North Carolina and Winnipeg, Canada. For over 20 years she taught university counseling courses in Canada and worked in private practice. Lorrie is an AAMFT Approved Supervisor, has published in the Journal of Marriage and Family Therapy. In addition to teaching Externships and Core Skills she provides training in Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy and Attachment Injury Repair.
Contact Wendy Tomkiel with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: If notified in writing of canceling by October 4, fee is refunded minus $50 administrative fee. Registrations canceled after October 4 are not refundable.